(2) Position the range strobe so that it coincides with any range marker.
(3) Turn range shift on.
(4) Observing the RW counter, move the range strobe out 750 meters.
(5) Set the RANGE SELECTOR switch to the 3750 M position.
(6) Set the EXPANDED SWEEP DELAY switch so that the range strobes and the selected range markers (step in (2)
above) are displayed on the CRT.
(7) Adjust the RANGE SHIFT potentiometer R4560 until the upper beam range marker presentation coincides with
the lower beam range strobe presentation.
j. Vertical Centering and 15-Kilometer Vertical Size Adjustment.
(1) Set the RANGE SELECTOR switch to the 15000 M position.
(2) Adjust the VERTICAL CENTERING potentiometer R4409 until the main bang presentation is just hidden at the
bottom of the CRT.
(3) Adjust the VERT SIZE 1 5, 000 M potentiometer R104 until the top of the presentation just reaches the top of the
(4) Repeat the steps in (2) and (3) above until both conditions are met.
k. Adjustment of 3, 750 Meter Sweep Length and Vertical Size.
(1) Set the RANGE SELECTOR switch to the 3750 M position.
(2) Set the EXPANDED SWEEP DELAY switch to position 7. 5.
(3) Position the range strobe so that it is barely visible at the bottom of the CRT.
(4) Set the RANGE SELECTOR switch to the 1 5000 M position.
(5) Observing the RW counter, move the strobe out 3, 750 meters.
(6) Adjust the SWP SIZE ADJ potentiometer R4660 until the top of the intensified band coincides with the range
(7) Set the RANGE SELECTOR switch to the 3750 M position.
(8) Adjust the VERT SIZE 3750 M potentiometer R106 until the range strobe is just visible at the top of the CRT.
(9) Repeat the steps in (1) through (8) above until all conditions are met.
5-4. RECEIVER ADJUSTMENTS
a. AFC Adjustment.
(1) Tune the receiver as indicated on page 12, paragraph Z-3q.
(2) If the range marker intensity diminishes when the AFC-MANUAL switch is placed in the AFC position, adjust the
discriminator secondary L1301 on the AFC chassis until the range marker intensity in AFC is no less than in