Connect the red test lead to 3893.
Connect the test probe to J873.
(10) Set the bridge potentiometer to 5000.
(11) Set detent switch S856 to DETENT RELEASE and position the ∆ RANGE handwheel for meter null.
(1Z) Disconnect the red test lead and the test probe.
(13) Set the TEST-NORMAL switch to TEST (C dials must read 1.00).
(14) Adjust +C ∆ R potentiometer R989 for an RW counter reading of 7050 meters.
(15) Connect the red test lead to J894.
(16) Connect the test probe to J873.
(17) Position the ∆ RANGE handwheel for meter null.
(18) Disconnect the test leads.
(19) Adjust -C ∆ R potentiometer R990 for an RW counter reading of 7950 meters.
(20) Return the TEST-NORMAL switch to NORMAL.
Alignment of RW Potentiometer R835.
Set the detent switch S856 at OFF and place the ∆ RANGE and ∆ AZIMUTH handwheels in detent.
Connect the red test lead to J891.
Connect the black test lead to J897.
Connect the test probe to J875.
Set the bridge potentiometer to 2857.
Position the RL handwheel for an RW reading of 7, 500 meters.
Adjust RW potentiometer R991 for meter null.
Disconnect the test leads.
Set the AZW counter to 0000 mils.
Observing the EW counter, rotate the RL handwheel from its counterclockwise limit to its clockwise limit.
If the EW counter reading varies more than 10 meters, mechanical alignment of resolver B847 is required. See