m. Alignment of Coordinate Subassembly.
Set detent switch S856 at OFF and place the ∆ RANGE and ∆ ZIMUTH handwheels in detent.
Position the RL handwheel for an RW counter reading of 7, 500 meters.
Operate the AZ ORIENT switch for an AZW counter reading of 0000 mils.
Adjust potentiometer R886 until the EW counter reads 000000 meters.
Adjust +RW(N) potentiometer R980 until the NW counter reads 007500 meters.
Operate the AZ ORIENT switch for an AZW counter reading of 1, 600 mils.
Adjust potentiometer R887 until the NW counter reads 000000 meters.
Adjust +RW(E) potentiometer R982 until the EW counter reads 007500 meters .
Operate the AZ ORIENT switch for an AZW counter reading of 3, 200 mils.
(10) Check the EW counter reading. If it is not 000000 meters, adjust potentiometer R886 until the error is halved.
(11) Adjust -RW(N) potentiometer R979 until the NW counter reads 992500 meters.
(12) Operate the AZ ORIENT switch for an AZW counter reading of 4, 800 mils.
(13) Check the NW counter reading. If it is not 000000 meters, adjust potentiometer R887 until the error is halved.
(14) Adjust -RW(E) potentiometer R981 until the EW counter reads 99 2500 meters.
(15) Repeat (3) through (14) above until the best possible accuracy is obtained in all four quadrants.
Computer Accuracy Recheck. Upon completion of the alignment procedures in b through m above, recheck
Test Problems, Before the set is operated, the beam separation must be set at the value indicated on the beam
separation plate on the antenna reflector and the problems used by the operator must be solved by the computer. See
page 20, paragraph 2-10i.
5-9. SINGLE BEAM ALINEMENT PROCEDURE OF THE COMPUTER
General. To align the computer for SINGLE-BEAM OPERATION, two procedures are given for adjustment of
SINGLE-BEAM potentiometers R881 and R884. One procedure uses Computer Test Set TS-909/PPM and the other
procedure uses the TOE oscilloscope. Either procedure is acceptable. If proper results cannot be achieved during
adjustment and testing, higher category maintenance is required.
Using the TOE oscilloscope procedure, set the SINGLE BEAM-DUAL BEAM switch to the DUAL-BEAM position
and make the following computer control settings:
(1) Set ∆ TIME counter to 0.0 SECONDS.