2-16. JAMMING AND ECM PROCEDURES. (CONT)
This operation will minimize effects of jamming that has both vertical and
7. Press HV ON switch (2). Indicator light in switch will light.
8. Place ANT POL switch (3) to CIR position. CIR indicator (4) will light, LIN indicator (5) will extinguish, and
maximum detection range will be reduced approximately 20 percent.
9. Place FTC switch (6) in LIN or LOG position.
10. Rotate IF GAIN EL (7) and IF GAIN AZ (8) controls counterclockwise, taking care not to lose target.
11. Move ANTENNA switch (9) to U and D position when in search operation.
In an emergency, when in search operation and operating with Interrogator Set ANITPX-44, rotate the IF GAIN AZ and
EL controls to fully counterclockwise position to prevent all radar video from being displayed. Use IFF return signals for
range and bearing information. This may be used for both reflected and transmission jamming. Refer to TM 11-5895-
468-12 for operating instructions for Interrogator Set ANITPX-44.