PERFORMANCE TESTS. (CONT)
If necessary, adjust PPI
Place BITE SELECT switch
AZ TILT/BITE meter needle
CENTERING VERT and HORIZ
to following positions and
indicates in green zone on
controls to position sweep
observe AZ TILT/BITE
meter for each BITE SELECT
on center of grid line
switch position. If any indi-
cation is incorrect, see para-
Place POWER circuit breaker
on control-indicator to OFF
ELEVATION SERVO AND AZIMUTH SCAN PROTRACTOR CHECK
PERSONNEL REQUIRED: Two
TEST CONDITIONS: Radar set turned on, Preliminary Control Settings (para 2-4).
On local control monitor, place LOCAUREMOTE switch to RT position and SCAN MODE switch to SRCH position.
On local control monitor, place ANT SERVO control to R position and servo elevation antenna to its limit. Verify
that antenna clears elevation antenna yoke assembly by 1/4 inch.
3. Verify that elevation servo protractor indicates + 15 degrees. If + 15 degree indication is not observed, elevation
scan protractor is misalined, refer to higher category of maintenance.
4. Install siting scope on elevation support tube siting scope mount (para 4-20).
5. Direct second person to position a stadia rod or straight pole approximately 1 mile from radar until it is alined with
vertical crosshair in siting scope. Maintain stadia rod in this position.
6. Remove siting scope from elevation support tube siting scope mount and install on elevation antenna siting scope
7. Servo elevation antenna using ANT SERVO control on local control monitor to position antenna until vertical
crosshair on siting scope is alined with stadia rod.
8. Observe that elevation servo protractor indicates 0 degrees. If O-degree indication is not obtained, elevation scan
protractor is misalined; refer to higher category of maintenance.
9. Remove siting scope from elevation antenna siting scope mount and install on azimuth antenna siting scope mount
10. Manually rotate azimuth antenna until vertical crosshair on siting scope is alined with stadia rod.
11. Verify that azimuth scan protractor indicates 0 degrees. If 0-degree indication is not observed, azimuth scan
protractor is misalined, refer to higher category of maintenance.
12. Remove siting scope from azimuth antenna and store in transmitter door.