Administrative storage is accomplished when radar set is to be stored between 1 and 45 days or when it Is being shipped
over short distances, such as by helicopter airlift.
SHIPPING DRUM NO. 6
1. Place indicator rain deflectors in pad 8 of shipping drum.
2. Place eight cloth sacks containing mounting hardware in pad 8 of shipping drum.
3. Starting with pad 1, place pads 1 through 9 (1) into shipping drum (2). Arrange pads so that white line on each
pad alines with white line on inside of shipping drum.
4. Place technical manual, followed by indicator rain shields, in pad 9.
If equipment is being packed for intermediate storage (para 4-54), place
9 pounds (4.1 kg) of 16-unit desiccant bags, conforming to MIL-D-3564
class 1 and 2, in shipping drum.
5. Place cover (3) and securing ring (4) on shipping drum (2) and secure using one bolt (5), two washers (6), and