ADMINISTRATIVE STORAGE. (CONT)
1. Remove hardware securing truss (1) marked REMOVE FOR PACKING AND UNPACKING and remove truss.
Retain hardware for reinstallation.
2. Remove hardware securing bottom of clamp (2) to truss (1).
3. Using lifting device with suitable weight capacity, install elevation antenna drive in shipping frame and attach at
three brace mounts (3) on bottom of shipping frame with associated
4. Install elevation actuator support arm in shipping frame and attach at brace mount (4) on bottom of shipping
frame with associated hardware.
5. Using suitable lifting device, Install azimuth antenna drive, with yoke assembly attached, In shipping frame and
secure to mounting plate (5) using associated hardware. Attach each arm of yoke assembly to shipping frame
with bracket (6) and associated hardware.
6. Install elevation yoke in shipping frame with yoke flange in left front corner of shipping frame. Attach yoke flange
to bracket (7) using associated hardware.
7. Reinstall truss (1) previously removed and secure with associated hardware.
8. Using associated hardware, locate elevation yoke arm in top of clamp (2) and reinstall
9. Using bracket (8) and associated hardware, attach other elevation yoke arm to shipping frame. bottom of clamp.
10. Mount azimuth drive reducer in two ring clamps (9) with reducer flange under brackets (10) and secure with
SHIPPING DRUM NO. 5
1. Place packing foam (1) in bottom of shipping drum (2).
2. Install elevation horn and polarizer support (3) in shipping drum (2).
3. Place packing foam (1) on top of horn and polarizer support (3).
If equipment is being packed for Intermediate storage (para 4-53), place 9
pounds (4.1 kg) of 16-unit desiccant bags, conforming to MIL-D-3564 class 1 and
2, in shipping drum.
4. Place cover (4) and securing ring (5) on shipping drum (2).
5. Tighten securing ring (5) using one bolt (6), two washers (7), and nut (8).