precisely midway between 10-degree position and 35-
(15) Press limit switch S504 downward past point
degree position (midstroke) by placing MAIN POWER
of actuation. Slowly raise switch until it just clicks open.
Tighten clamp screws on limit switch SS504 securely.
RT-818/TPN-18 control panel to OFF.
(16) Position top cover in place and secure with
(2) Remove screws in top cover of 10-35 degree
screws removed in step (2) above.
servo actuator and lift off top cover for access to 10-
(17) Apply sealing compound over edges of top
degree limit switch S505 and 35-degree limit switch
cover and top cover screws.
(3) Insert 0.050-inch thick gage between actuating
18 control panel, place MAIN POWER circuit breaker
plunger and roller of limit switch S505.
CB101 to ON.
(4) Loosen clamp screws of limit switch S505 and
(19) On master Pulse Generator 0-1333/TPN-18,
raise limit switch S505 above point of actuation.
place SCAN MODE switch to NORMAL.
(5) Slowly push limit switch S505 down until it just
(20) Attach clinometer to clinometer mount on
actuates against 0.050-inch gage. Tighten screws in limit
elevation Antenna AS-1291/TPN-8.
switch S505 securely and remove gage.
(21) Servo elevation Antenna AS-1291/TPN-8 to 0
(6) Insert 0.045-inch thick gage between actuating
degrees as indicated on elevation servo protractor by
plunger and roller of limit switch S505. Observe that limit
placing ANTENNA switch on master Control-Indicator C-
switch S505 does not actuate.
6988/TPN-18 to L or R as required.
(7) Loosen clamp screws on limit switch S504 and
(22) Set clinometer to 20.6 degrees.
raise limit switch S504 off of plunger.
place SCAN MODE switch to 350 EL.
Elevation Antenna AS-1291/TPN-8 may be
(9) On Radar Receiver-Transmitter RT-818/TPN-
positioned by hand by rotating knurled end of
18 control panel, place MAIN POWER switch to ON.
elevation Antenna Drive TG-114/TPN-8 motor
shaft located under cover on right end of
elevation Antenna Drive TG-114/TPN-8 drive-
Do not grasp 10-35 degree actuator slide or slide
block while operating 10-35 degree actuator as
severe injury will result due to pinching.
(23) Position elevation Antenna AS-1291/TPN-8 by
hand to top of its scan and maintain top of scan while
(10) Depress limit switch S504 until 10-35 degree
performing step (23) below.
servo actuator completes up-stroke and seats in 35-
(24) Loosen two locknuts on elevation push rod
degree elevation position. Raise limit switch S504 off of
and adjust rod length (by turning push rod) until bubble is
centered in clinometer.
(11) On Radar Receiver-Transmitter RT-818/TPN-
(25) Firmly tighten two locknuts on elevation push
18, place MAIN POWER switch to OFF.
(12) Insert gage between actuator and roller of limit
(26) Remove clinometer from elevation Antenna
switch S505, adding leaves until limit switch S505 clicks
open. Determine total thickness of gage required.
(13) Remove leaves of gage until total thickness is
3-23. Antenna Drive TG1 113/TPN-8 Cam Alignment
0.100 inch less than thickness determined in (12) above.
and Microswitch Adjustments (fig. 3-26)
(14) Insert gage with thickness determined in (13)
above between plunger and roller of limit switch S504.
a. Test Equipment Required. None.
b. Equipment Conditions. Radar Set AN/TPN-18 may
be turned on or off. If turned on,