(10) Place %-inch Teflon strip on top of tab
than 5 minutes before removing Teflon.
and clamp in place as quickly as possible (view 8).
(13) Lightly burnish top of etched circuit board to
(11) Tighten clamp moderately tight.
remove excess adhesive.
b. Repair of Etched Card with Broken Tabs.
(1) Cut off remaining part of tab back to eyelet.
Do not rotate the clamp while tightening or move
(2) Cut new tab same width au previous broken
the tab when placing the Teflon on it
tab and long enough to extend over eyelet.
(12) After adhesive has cured for 4 or 5 minutes,
(3) Crimp one end of replacement tab to fit into
carefully remove clamp. Pull Teflon strip off, parallel to
eyelet hole to depth of 1 1/16 inch.
circuit board and away from eyelet. Do not wait longer
Figure 5-1. Etched circuit card repair.