(17) Loosen setscrews (23) and rotate transitions
(16 and 17) counterclockwise to linear polarized position.
Rings (37) fit snugly in barrels of
(18) Secure transitions (16 and 17) in place by
housing (110) and must be aligned quite
tightening setscrews (23).
accurately. They will require a slight
pressure to install, but should not be
Make sure the setscrews are at the
(11) Secure phase section (27) to housing (110)
(19) Install ring (13) in housing (110) against each
(12) Secure phase section (31) to housing (110)
transition (16 and 17).
(13) Insert transitions (16 and 17) into housing
Slots in rings (13) should be centered
(110) and position so centerlines of longer rectangular
over linkage sockets in the transitions.
dimension are 30 degrees clockwise from vertical shown
(20) Insert two linkages (14) into choke (15) with
chamfered end of linkage pivots pointed toward center of
Transitions (16 and 17) differ in that the
sector gears are at different relative
(21) Install assembled linkages and choke into one
positions. When properly installed at the
barrel of housing (110) with groove of choke facing away
30-degree position, the approximate
from feed horn.
center of the sector gears will be
accessible through the rectangular hole
near the center of housing (110).
sockets in transition flanges. When
(14) While carefully holding transitions (16 and 17)
rectangle of choke (15) is aligned with
at 30-degree position, install two set screws (23) in
rectangle of the transition, the linkages
housing (110) and tighten until heavy indentation is made
should be aligned with the longitudinal
in edge of transitions.
axis of the housing.
(22) Repeat steps (20) and (21) for second barrel
This is the approximate linear polarized
of housing (110).
mode position. Exact alignment will be
(23) Install two rings (13) into housing (110),
made during electrical checkout.
centering slots over linkages (14).
(24) Coat spacers (11) with thin layer of General
(15) Loosen setscrews (23) and rotate transitions
Electric adhesive RTV-102 or equivalent, then place
(16 and 17) 45 degrees clockwise from present position.
spacers on waveguide (10).
(25) Coat two preformed packings (12) with liberal
layer of silicone compound DC-4 and place on
This will place the centerline of the
(26) Position waveguide (10) into housing (110),
being certain that linkages (14) engage sockets in
degrees from the vertical shown in figure
5-7. This is the approximate circular
(27) Secure waveguide (10) to housing (110) using
polarized mode position.
(28) Loosen setscrews (23) and check transitions
(16) While carefully holding transitions (16 and 17)
(16 and 17) for proper end play.
in circular polarized position, tighten setscrews (23) until
heavy indentation is made in edge of transitions.
Transitions (16 and 17) should have
minimum end play, but should rotate.
the transitions to be manually placed in
the linear or circular polarized position
after the polarizer assembly is