blower wheel onto motor shaft and tighten set screw.
4. Loosen the alien-head set screw in the hub of
the blower wheel; carefully pull the blower wheel from
19. Note the location of the threaded stud on the top
the motor shaft.
side of the pedestal casting in the motor compartment;
note also the location of the hole in the motor mounting
5. Disconnect the two wires from thermostat switch
plate (on side of plate opposite the notches) through
S3 (mounted on baffle), noting and tagging connection
which the threaded stud secures the plate to the
6. Remove the four screws, washers and lock
20. Grasp the blower wheel and lower the motor into
washers from the bottom of the four stand-offs which
the motor compartment, aligning the mounting plate
support the sheet metal baffle; remove baffle with stand-
hole with the threaded stud; taking care to prevent
damaging the threads, lower the mounting plate onto the
7. Disconnect motor wires from terminal strip and
threaded stud and secure with lock nut and washer.
starting capacitor, noting and tagging connection points.
21. While supporting motor, raise pedestal until it
8. Press blower wheel onto motor shaft and tighten
locks into its service position and install the four motor
set screw in blower wheel hub.
9. While supporting the drive motor, remove the
22. Loosen set screw in blower wheel hub and
four motor mounting bolts from the bottom side of the
carefully pull wheel from motor shaft.
pedestal casting, the lower the pedestal housing to its
23. Connect motor wires to terminal strip and
operating position (do not secure).
starting capacitor as noted in step 7.
10. Remove the lock nut and washer which hold the
24. Install the sheet metal baffle by securing each
motor mounting plate to the top side of pedestal casting.
of the four stand-offs to the casting with a screw, washer
11. Grasp the blower wheel and lift the drive motor
and lock washer.
out, tilting the motor as necessary to allow the mounting
25. Connect wires to thermostat S3 as noted in step
plate to clear the pedestal casting.
12. Loosen the set screw in the blower wheel hub
26. Insuring that set screw in blower wheel hub is
and carefully pull the blower wheel from the motor shaft.
aligned with flat on motor shaft, carefully press blower
13. Remove the four machine screws which hold
wheel onto shaft and tighten set screw .
the mounting plate to the motor; remove the plate .
27. Install motor cover on top of pedestal, applying
14. Note the position of the sheave on the bottom
anti-seize compound to each of the eight securing
shaft of the motor. Remove three hex screws from
bottom of the sheave hub; place these screws in the
three threaded holes in the hub and tighten in a uniform
pattern to loosen the hub and sheave from the motor
shaft; remove the hub and sheave from the shaft.
15. Place the sheave and hub on the bottom shaft
of the replacement motor, positioning sheave as noted
in the preceding step.
assembly drawings in Chapter 6, Section 6.3 as
16. Remove the three hex screws from the bottom
of the sheave hub and place them in the three
1. Insure power is removed from pedestal per
unthreaded holes in the hub; tighten into the sheave in a
uniform pattern to secure the sheave and hub to the
2. Remove Rotary Joint assembly per paragraph
17. Lay the replacement motor on its side and
position it such that, when viewed from the bottom of
the motor, the exit port for the two starting capacitor
4. Disconnect eight harness wires and two jumpers
wires is on the right-hand side (at approximately So
from resolver B2, tagging each for terminal connection.
degrees); position the motor mounting plate on the
5. Loosen the two set screws in the resolver shaft
bottom of the motor such that the notch es are located
up and to the left. Secure the mount ing plate to the
6. Loosen the three clips at the base of the
motor using the four machine screw s .
resolver and remove the resolver.
18. Insuring that set screw in blower wheel hub is
aligned with flat on top motor shaft, carefully press