14. Set MONITOR SEL ECT switch to HV and
verify green zone reading on test meter M1. Leave
checked and performed as required
MONITOR SELECT switch al HV through step 17
upon completion of step 37.
15. Connect oscilloscope, Set for approximately -10
Vdc measurement, at control panel HV SAMPLE TP9.
Supply Test Points
16. Set LOCAL PRF SELECTOR switch alternately
between SHORT and MED, noting the dc voltage level
displayed on the oscilloscope for each position.
17 Adjust LOAD COMP control A2A4R29 until the
voltage difference observed between SHORT and MED
is 0.1 Vdc or less.
18. Repeat steps 12 and 13 above.
19. Set LOCAL. TEST switch to OFF.
- 550 50
20. Turn off all ships circuit breakers which supply
power to Receiver Transmitter RT- 1241.
21. Connect variac between ships 115Vac input
following procedure provides instructions for adjustment
cable and FL1 and FL2. Ground variac to equipment
pulse widths of the modulator drive pulse generators
and final adjustment of the modulator bias and high
between FL1 and FL2 inputs; maintain connection
through step 32 following.
23. Set ships circuit breakers which supply power to
Observe the settings of Switching
Receiver Transmitter RT-1241 to ON.
24. Adjust variac for 120 Vac reading on multimeter
to determine which Indicator is
serving as master for Receiver
Transmitter RT-1241 (MTR 11).
scale, between A2A5E3 (+} and chassis (-) .
1. At Receiver Transmitter RT-1241:
26. Set LOCAL TEST switch to ON. After 3minute
a. Set LOCAL TEST switch to REMOTE
time delay, verify second multimeter reads +5.0 +
b. Set LOCAL PRF SELECTOR to
27. Turn BIAS VOLT control A2A5R7 fully
2. At master Indicator:
28. Adjust variac to reduce reading to first
a. Set POWER switch to TX ON.
multimeter to 114 Vac.
b. Set RANGE SELECT switch to 1.5 MILES
29. Carefully adjust BIAS VOLT control A2A5R7
3. At Receiver Transmitter RT-1241, connect
clockwise just until reading on second multimeter drops
to zero Vdc.
30. Adjust variac to reduce reading on first
negative-going trigger pulses.
multimeter to 80 Vac. Second multimeter reading
4. Carefully note the time between positive
should remain at zero Vdc.
[trailing) edges of the trigger pulses.
31. Carefully adjust BIAS VOLT control A2A5R7
5. At Receiver Transmitter RT-1241:
counterclockwise just until reading on first multimeter
a. Set LOCAL TEST switch to ON.
jumps to + 5.0 0.5 VDC.
b. Set LOCAL PRF SELECTOR switch to
32. Set LOCAL. TEST switch to OFF.
33. Turn off all ships circuit breakers which supply
power to Receiver Transmitter RT 1241.
34. Disconnect variac and restore normal cable
connections at FL1 and FL2 inputs.
35. Set ships circuit breakers supplying power to
Receiver Transmitter RT- 1241 to ON.
36. Set LOCAL TEST switch to ON and allow for 3
minute time delay.
37. Connect multimeter as indicated in Table 5-5
and verify correct dc voltage at each test point.