Sheave Alignment (V4).
- The sheave
16. Loosen (do not remove) the screws which
alignment procedure for Antenna Pedestal AB-1248 is
contained in Preventive Maintenance, Section II; refer to
of the synchro to obtain zero Vac (null) reading on the
multimeter, tighten the securing screws, insuring that
5.19 SIGNAL DATA CONVERTER CV-3442 (V4)
zero Vac reading is maintained.
17. Set Signal Data Converter CV-3442 POWER
related subparagraphs provide corrective maintenance
switch to OFF.
for Signal Data Converter CV-3442 (SPA Interface
The information includes troubleshooting
instructions (5.19.1), removal and replacement
b. Reconnect wire to TB1-13.
c. Close and secure front access
The locations of assemblies and major components
within Signal Data Converter CV-3442 are shown in
d. Set ON/OFF switch to ON.
Figure 5-23. Schematic diagrams, part list tables and
19. Set Indicator C (master for MTR II, S-band)
assembly drawings applicable to Signal Data Converter
POWER switch to TX ON.
CV-3442 are contained in Section 6.11 of Chapter 6.
20. Set POWER switches to ON at the following
Access to the assemblies and components
within the Signal Data Converter CV-3442 is provided
a. Video Amplifier AM-6932
by loosening the six captive screws in the corner and
b. Signal Data Converter CV-3442
removing the cover.
c. AN/SPA-25 and AN/SPA-66 indicators.
5.19.1 Troubleshooting Procedure (CV-3442)
Fault isolation within the Signal Data Converter
21. At Signal Data Converter CV-3422, select
CV-3442 is facilitated by use of Troubleshooting Chart,
relative bearing (RB) display for AN/SPA-25 and
22. At AN/SPA-25 indicator, select display from
5.19.2 Removal/Replacement Procedures (CV-3442)
AN,/SPS-64(V) radar; verify heading line is displayed at
Before initiating any removal or replacement
0relative (see notes following next step) .
activity at Signal Data Converter CV 3442, insure that
23. Repeat step 23 for AN/SPA-66 indicators.
all power is removed from the equipment by performing
the following steps:
1. Set ON/ OFF Safety switch at front of antenna
the AN/SPA-25 and AN/SPA-66
pedestal to OFF.
indicators are zeroed for operation
2. Set POWER switch to OFF at (master) Indicator
with other ships radars; do not
for associated Receiver Transmitter RT-1241.
adjust these synchros.
3. Turn off and tag ship's circuit breakers which
If the heading lines on the AN/SPA-25
and AN/SPA-66 indicators occurs at
4. Set Signal Data Converter CV-3442 ON/OFF
the same bearing (but not 00
switch to OFF.
relative), loosen the antenna pedestal
5. Remove fuses located on the outer case of the
synchro transmitter, turn its body to
Signal Data Converter.
position the heading lines at 0
6. Remove the cover of the Signal Data Converter
relative on the AN/SPA-25 and
by loosening the six captive screws.
tighten the synchro.
188.8.131.52 Power Supply PS1. -
184.108.40.206 Belt Tension Adjustment (V4). - The belt
tension adjustment procedure for Antenna Pedestal AB-
1248 (S-band) is contained in Preventive Maintenance,
2. Disconnect the wires from the power supply,
noting hook-up locations.