pulling straight up
plates to rear panel of encoder with six screws (13, sheet
(7) Repeat steps (5) and (6) for the
2) and washers.
remaining cir-cuit cards
(8) Secure front brace (12) to filter 2Fll
(8) Place encoder on left-hand side to gain
and cir-cuit card assembly bracket with five screws (11)
access to bottom inner cover (10, sheet).
(9) Loosen 11 quarter-turn fasteners (9)
(9) Place encoder on left-hand side
on bottom inner cover Remove bottom Inner cover
(10) Replace bottom inner cover (10) over
(10) Place encoder in upright position.
bottom of connector assembly 2A19 Secure cover by
(11) Remove five screws (11, sheet 2) and
tightening 11 quarter-turn fasteners (9).
washers securing front brace (12) between filter 2FL1
(11) Place encoder in upright position
and cir-cult card assembly bracket. Remove front brace.
(12) Remove six screws (13, sheet 2) and
Circuit card positions are numbered from rear
washers securing left and righthand side plates (15 and
panel to front of encoder as Al thru A18,
16) to rear panel of encoder.
(13) Remove eight screws (14, sheet 4)
(12) Line up circuit card 2A2 (sheet 4) in
securing left (15) and right-hand side plates (16) to
correct circuit card position with component side of circuit
connector assembly 2A19 Remove left and right-hand
card facing toward front of encoder
(13) With card extractors raised in unlocked
(14) Loosen six screws securing internal
posi-tion (lifted up) apply steady straight down pressure
connectors 2P1 thru 2P3 (sheet 5) to connectors J1 thru
to align circuit card in circuit card connector.
J3 of connector assembly 2A19.
(14) Press down on card extractors until
(15) Disconnect internal connectors 2P1
circuit card is locked in position and properly seated m
thru 2P3 and set aside carefully
circuit card connector
(16) Remove six screws (17.1, sheet 2),
(15) Repeat steps (12) through (14) for
four screws (17 2), and (17 3) three washers securing
circuit cards, 2A9 and 2A17
connector as-sembly 2A19 to mounting surface on
(16) With left-hand and right-hand side
bottom of chassis.
plates (15 and 16) and front brace (12, sheet 2) loosely
(17) Remove connector assembly 2A19,
held together, align parts and alternately tighten each
being careful to clear rear panel.
screw. As screws are being tightened, realign parts (as
(18) Replace bottom inner cover to protect
neces-sary) to allow free, smooth removal and
wire wrap pins
replacement of circuit cards When properly aligned,
b. Replacement Replace connector assembly
tighten all screws installed in steps (3) and (6) through
2A19 as follows.
(1) Perform steps a(1l) through (4) above
(17) Repeat steps (12) through (14) for
as neces-sary Remove bottom Inner cover from
remaining circuit cards
(18) Replace right Inner cover (5) over
circuit cards Secure over by tightening four quarter-turn
assembly on mounting surface on bottom of chassis (fig
(19) Replace outer cover (3, sheet 1) over
encoder Secure cover by tightening three quarter-turn
Use three washers (17 3) in step (3) below with
fasteners (2) on rear panel and replacing two screws (1)
three screws (17.2) located at front of connector
in top cover.
assembly 2A19 In steps (3) and (6) through (8)
below, thread screws m to holes finger tight
Removal and Replacement of Filter 2FL1
They will be tightened later
(3) Secure connector assembly 2A19 to
chassis mounting surface with six screws (17 1, sheet 2),
four screws (17 2), and three washers (17 3).
(1) Disconnect power to the encoder.
(4) Connect internal connectors 2P1 thru
Place encod-er on a flat surface and in the normal
sheet 7) of connector assembly 2A19
(2) Remove two screws (1, sheet 1) and
(5) Secure internal connectors 2P1 thru
washers from top of encoder outer cover (3).
2P3 to connector assembly 2A19 with six screws.
(3) Loosen three quarter-turn fasteners (2)
(6) Secure left-hand and right-hand side
on rear panel of encoder and remove outer cover (3)
plates (15 and 16) to connector assembly 2A19 with
(4) Remove five screws (11, sheet 2) and
eight screws (14).
(7) Secure left-hand and right-hand side