ADMINISTRATIVE STORAGE. (CONT)
When securing clamps and brackets, avoid overtightening to prevent stripping
Illustrations accompanying unpacking procedures show equipment already
installed in shipping frames.
1. Remove hardware securing two trusses (1) and one brace (2) marked REMOVE FOR PACKING AND
UNPACKING to rear of shipping frame and remove trusses and brace. Retain hardware for reinstallation.
2. Install azimuth antenna reflector through rear of shipping frame with concave side up and bottom of antenna
toward lower front of shipping frame.
3. Attach azimuth antenna reflector to two fittings (3) at bottom front of shipping frame.
4. Temporarily remove two fittings (4) from bottom of shipping frame and install on azimuth antenna mounting pins.
Reattach fittings to bottom of shipping frame.
5. Install elevation antenna reflector through rear of shipping frame with concave side up and clinometer and siting
scope mount toward rear of shipping frame.
6. Attach elevation antenna at actuator mount to fitting (5) and secure with locking pin on elevation
7. Loosen two clamps (6) on shipping frame and remove two bushings (7). Install bushings through pivot bores on
back of elevation antenna and reattach bushings to shipping frame with
8. Install azimuth horn and polarizer support through opening in rear of shipping frame. Connect narrow end of the
V-shaped support to fitting (8) in right rear corner of shipping frame and connect wide ends to plate (9) and fitting
(10) using associated hardware.
9. Reinstall two trusses (1) and one brace (2), using associated hardware.
10. Using two brackets (11) and two fittings (12), secure azimuth antenna in shipping frame.
11. Using two fittings (13), secure elevation antenna in shipping frame.
12. Using two clamps (14), clamp ground rod along bottom front of shipping frame.
13. Using four clamps (15), clamp two driving rods along bottom front of shipping frame.
14. Using 12 clamps (16), clamp three reflector supports to bottom of shipping frame.
15. Using nine clamps (17), clamp two polarizer assemblies to bottom of shipping frame and one polarizer assembly
to top of shipping frame.