37. Repeat steps 32 through 35 above, substituting
1. Set Indicator POWER switch to OFF.
Condition 2 for Condition 1 in step 33.
2. Turn off ships circuit breaker supplying power to
38. Repeat step 4 above, substituting Condition 3 for
Indicator under test.
3. At Indicator:
39. Repeat steps 32 through 35 above, substituting
a. Set RANGE SELECT switch to 24 MILES.
Condition 3 for Condition 1 in step 33.
b. Turn EBL DIM/EBL READ control fully
40. Repeat step 4 above, substituting Condition 4 for
counterclockwise (EBL off).
c. Set OFFSET switch to off (away from
41. Repeat steps 32 through 35 above, substituting
Condition 4 for Condition 1 in step 33.
d. Set HDG SET/GYRO STAB/HD UP switch
42. At Indicator under test:
to HD UP.
a. Set POWER switch to OFF.
e. Remove upper front access cover and
b. Remove A2A6 PCB and extender card.
c. Insert A6 PCB into A2A6 card slot.
4. Loosen the CRT yoke clamp and push the yoke up
the neck of the CRT as far as it will go.
d. Install front access cover.
Tighten yoke clamp.
5. Remove EBL PCB A9 from the A2 card basket.
Step 43 following is applicable to
6. Turn on ships circuit breakers which provide
AN/SPS-64(V)3 and V(4) installations
power to Indicator under test.
7. Set Indicator POWER switch to ST BY.
43. Repeat steps 26 through 42 above with Indicator
C defined as the Indicator under test.
a. Positive lead to junction of R2 and R3 on
Sweep Output assembly A3.
Step 44 following is applicable to only
b. Negative lead to chassis.
AN/SPS-64(V)3 systems in which
9. Adjust BAL control R12 on A3A1 PCB for 0.0 Vdc
optional Indicator D is installed.
reading on multimeter.
10. Move multimeter positive lead to junction of R10
44. Repeat steps 26 through 42 above with Indicator
and R22 on Sweep Output assembly A3.
D defined as the Indicator under test.
11. Adjust BAL control R12 on A3A2 PCB for 0.0 Vdc
45. Install front access cover at Indicator A.
reading on multimeter.
12. Set Indicator POWER switch to OFF.
188.8.131.52 Sweep Circuits Alignment. - The following steps
13. Mount A9 EBL PCB on extender card and insert
provide an overall Indicator sweep circuits alignment
extender card into A9 slot of card basket A2.
procedure. All steps must be performed in the sequence
given. The procedure is applicable to both IP-1282 (12-
14. Turn following Indicator front panel controls fully
inch) and IP-1283 (16-inch) indicators.
For V2, V3 or V4 systems installations,
c. RANGE RINGS
the Indicator under test must be a
15. Set Indicator POWER switch to TX ON.
as applicable and set
display of the 900 Hz resolver drive signal.
Switching Unit(s) for an appropriate
17. Adjust drive offset control R22 on Position
Transmission PCB A2A8 to make the resolver drive signal
displayed on oscilloscope symmetrical about zero Vdc.
For V2 or V3 system installations the
18. Adjust R54, R61 and R66 controls on Sweep
Resolver Drive PCB in the Video
Generator PCB A2A10 twenty turns counterclockwise.
Amplifier AM-6932 associated with the
19. Adjust RANGE RINGS control until range rings
20. Observe that the sweep is octagonal and fills
to performing this procedure. For V4
approximately half of the PPI screen.
systems, the Resolver Drive PCB is
located in Video Amplifier AM-6932
pin L of EBL PCB A2A9/extender card. Adjust oscillo-
(with MTR I in use) or Receiver
scope for display of 2 Hz sinewave.