DO NOT allow the trichloroethane
Inspect the test set. The test set should be free
cleaning fluid to come in contact with
of moisture, dirt, grease, and fungus and the
desiccant should be a blue color.
faces. The cleaning fluid may damage the
transparent plastic faces.
a. Remove moisture and loose dirt with a clean
b. Remove grease, fungus, and ground-in dirt
from the test set; use a soft cloth dampened (not
wet) with cleaning fluid.
c. Remove dirt from connectors with a brush;
The fumes of trichloroethane are toxic.
remove moisture with a dry cloth.
Provide thorough ventilation whenever
meter faces with a soft clean cloth. If dirt is
used. DO NOT use near an open flame.
difficult to remove, dampen cloth with water;
Trichloroethane is not flammable, but
mild soap may be use for more effective effective clean-
exposure of the fumes to an open flame
converts it to highly toxic, dangerous
e. Change the desiccant in the desiccator
if it is any color but blue.